Compatible with MacOS 10.14+ .
If you have an older MacOS version, please Contact Support.
- On the front screen, you can see your current IP address and location.
- Connection button
- Server change option
Kill switch button:
5. "Settings" interface with advanced features and functions.
- Main server search button; click on it and start typing for a city/country you need.
- Sorting feature to help you sort the servers by latency:
-the lower the latency is, the faster the server usually is;
-or sort the servers in alphabetical order for faster search.
- Click on the arrow near the country to expand the list of available cities.
- If you mark your favorite server locations with a star,
all your favorite servers will be listed here for quick access.
Kill switch button:
-Enable this setting if you need to suspend Internet access to all applications and browsers and if you want to be ALWAYS on VPN.
-Disable this setting if you need the Internet available outside the VPN, and you only use VPN on demand.
Auto Connect: enable this setting to avoid additional clicks if you want to connect immediately after launching the app.
-Best location will automatically connect you to the fastest and closest VPN server.
-Previously saved location will automatically connect you to the last server you were on.
-Random location is used for additional anonymity; the app will connect to a random location automatically.
Automatic – The PrivadoVPN app will choose the best protocol for your network environment.
IKEv2 – This is a stable and secure protocol; it is recommended for most network conditions.
Wireguard* – This is a new, open-source, and very fast (compared to previous standards) VPN protocol that uses advanced cryptography.
OpenVPN – This protocol can be used when a specific protocol (TCP/UDP) and/or port is needed:
- UDP is a better choice for live video and audio or online games where speed is more important than potential data loss. We also offer UDP ports 1194, 443, 8080, and 8443 in cases when your ISP or local transit carrier throttles certain ports. If UDP fails, try TCP.
- TCP is the better option if you are having issues maintaining a stable connection or need increased security of connection without packet loss. It is also recommended for countries with restrictive Internet. We also offer TCP ports 1194, 443, 8080, and 8443 in case your ISP or local transit carrier throttles certain ports.
- Scramble helps to disguise and hide VPN traffic. This is especially useful in network environments that restrict OpenVPN traffic/ports.
Auto Start option automatically launches the Privado app with the computer start-up.
Window Style option allows you to dock the Privado app window on top or undock it.
Account Details: username of the account you are currently logged in with.
Log out: logs you out of the last remembered username and password.
Subscription: contains the info about your account type and status.
View Application Data menu is used for viewing the connection log and/or troubleshooting with our Support Team.
Copy Tap the "Copy LOG" button to copy the log to send in messages and/or save it to your device.
(NOTE: you will see "Copied to the clipboard" at the bottom of the screen when the log is copied.)
Save button is used for sending the log.txt file using Apps installed on your device.
Clear This button clears the log screen if you need to view or send a fresh log.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via our Support Form at https://support.privado.live/new
* "WireGuard" is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.